Turkey Fettuccine Skillet Recipe
Looking for something to do with all those turkey leftovers? Here’s a favorite of mine borrowed from one of my go-to cooking magazines, Taste of Home. It’s great with left over pie. 🙂
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in the milk, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese just until melted.
- Stir in turkey. Drain fettuccine; add to turkey mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
What are some of your favorite recipes for holiday leftovers?