A Sweet Treat for Spring
My latest work in progress takes place in a Bed and Breakfast in coastal North Carolina. Some days, I feel like I’m writing a cookbook, there are so many references to food. If you follow me on Pinterest, I’ll be creating a board with all the recipes once the first draft is complete. For now, I wanted to share a recipe for a great spring treat–just in time for Easter.
Last month, a good friend of mine hosted a fundraiser for TurningPoint, a Breast Cancer rehabilitation center here in Georgia. Everything about the party was pink–including the foods. These strawberry brownies were a huge hit! They’re perfect cut into hearts for Valentine’s Day, for bridal or baby showers or for a little girl’s birthday party. (The boys will love them, too.)
Adapted from: Family Savvy
• 1 box strawberry cake mix (any brand will do as long as it doesn’t have pudding in the mix
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3 cup oil
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• ½ -2 TB milk (it depends on how thick you want your glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 9×13 baking pan with parchment (and spray with Pam. Make sure you get the sides).
3. Mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, and oil with hand mixer until well combined, about two minutes.
4. Pour batter into pan. Note: batter will be tacky, similar to taffy. Be sure to spread it evenly so brownies bake evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until just set; be careful not to overcook.
6. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes; lift carefully from pan using ends of parchment to lift.
7. Mix powdered sugar and water until smooth.
8. Pour glaze over brownies, spreading to edges with pastry brush so that glaze will drip down sides.
9. Allow brownies to cool and glaze to set before cutting into squares.
While you’re enjoying these great eats, check out the first book in my Second Chances series, BACK TO BEFORE. You’ll get a first look at the Tide Me Over Inn and it’s famous cupcakes. Happy Spring!
Posted on March 13, 2015, in Blog Posts and tagged Back To Before, baking, contemporary romance, Cooking, Strawberry Brownies, Tracy Solheim, TurningPoint. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on A Sweet Treat for Spring.